30 September 2021
UrbanMGT is committed to protecting personal information as enforced by the Protection of
Personal Information Act (POPIA) which came into effect on 1 July 2021. Under POPIA, we are the
‘responsible party’ who determines the purpose of and means for processing personal information.
What types of data does Urban MGT collect and how?
To communicate effectively with all our stakeholders including precinct members, the municipality,
precinct-based businesses, the media and the public, UrbanMGT collects the following information:
• Full name
• Mailing email address
• Cellphone number
Data is collected in the following ways:
• Contact form on www.urbanmgt.co.za
• Becoming a member of one of our seven managed precincts
How is personal data used?
Personal data is used for the following functions:
• Communicating with potential new customers and clients
• Responding to queries from our various precincts
Where do we store data and how is it secured?
Personal data gathered through our various operations is stored on One Drive, which is central to
the UrbanMGT operations. Measures in place to secure this data include:
• All laptops, phones and tablets are password protected
• Office 365 MFA – Multi Factor Authentication on One Drive and Mail accounts
• Data encryption software is installed on all laptops
• Secure, password protected network connections
• No personal information is shared with third parties under any circumstances
What are the opt out procedures?
Members and stakeholders can opt out of our email precinct communications by clicking on the
unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. Members on WhatsApp groups can simply delete and
exit the group.